Become a Member
NIH Federal Credit Union offers membership to those that are in the biomedical and healthcare industry. In addition to offering a wide array of affordable money-saving loans for those in the biomedical industry, we offer a vast range of FREE banking solutions to help our members save time and maximize their membership benefits. We call it the NIHFCU Advantage and encourage you to put it to work for you today! Become a member today, the application process is simple. It requires an application submission along with the opening of a share (savings) account.
|Apply for your NIHFCU membership
- One: Verify your eligibility.
- Two: Complete*, sign, and submit a membership application at a local branch. If you choose you can send the membership application via mail. *The application must be notarized.
- Three: Open an NIHFCU share (savings) account. A one time minimum deposit of $25 is required to open your share (savings) account to establish membership.
Apply Now or call 800.877.6440
- Have state issued photo identification and work ID to verify eligibility.
- You must be at least 18 years of age for an individual membership.
- If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be a joint owner with you on the account and an NIHFCU member.
When you become a member of the NIHFCU, you are immediately eligible to enjoy financial opportunities and privileges that save both time and money. Membership is a benefit that you can share with your family by sponsoring them to have a membership with NIHFCU. As long as you maintain an account with us, you’re our member – even if you retire, change jobs, move, or change your marital status. You can enjoy a lifetime of advantages from your NIHFCU membership. And as your needs change, so might the ways you benefit from your relationship with us.
Still have questions?
Note: All applications must have an original signature. Applications for new membership cannot be faxed. For the security of your account and the Credit Union, all new accounts are verified through ChexSystems and are subject to the requirements of the Patriot Act. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, tax identification number and other information that will identify you. We may ask to see your driver’s license and/or other identifying documents.