Become a Member
The National Institutes of Health Federal Credit Union (NIHFCU) is proud to be the nation’s largest credit union serving the biomedical industry. We look forward to helping you achieve a healthy financial future with an array of affordable loans and convenient banking solutions that save time and money.
Note: All applications must have an original signature and applications submitted by mail must be notarized. Applications for new membership cannot be faxed. For the security of your account and the Credit Union, all new accounts are verified through ChexSystems and are subject to the requirements of the Patriot Act. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, tax identification number and other information that will identify you. We may ask to see your driver’s license and/or other identifying documents.
|Apply for your NIHFCU membership
- Verify your eligibility.
- Complete a membership application and stop by a local branch.
- Open an NIHFCU share (savings) account with a minimum deposit of $25.
or stop by any NIHFCU branch
- Provide your state issued photo ID and work ID to verify eligibility.
- Membership applications submitted by mail must be notarized.
- You must be at least 18 years of age for an individual membership. If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be a joint owner with you on the account and an NIHFCU member.
Join the thousands of other medical, healthcare, and biomedical professionals experiencing the NIHFCU difference. Remember, your NIHFCU membership is for life, even if you retire, change jobs or move!