NIH Federal Credit Union with more than $550 million in assets is currently seeking a highly-qualified and energetic individual for a SVP, Chief Operating Officer Position. A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred. A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience leading and managing technology, branches, financial services, sales, marketing and electronic delivery operations preferably in an financial institution. Experience with Fiserv Spectrum considered a plus.
The SVP, Chief Operating Officer directs all Information Technology and Retail Delivery (i.e. Branch Administration, Marketing & Business Development, and Remote Services) effectively directing inside & outside sales, service, e-commerce, and community outreach efforts. Initiates, develops and maintains Information Technology plans that meet the needs and goals of the Credit Union. Maintains existing enterprise systems including core, network and information security while providing direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and core company initiatives. Ensures that qualified and competent individuals are maintained in leadership positions within these areas. Create strategies that drive sales and service performance in a manner consistent with the Credit Union’s core values. This individual will remain active in the community to promote Credit Union awareness and identify opportunities for loan, deposit and partnership growth. In collaboration with the President/CEO and senior management, the candidate will build the strategic plan for information technology, retail sales & service, branch administration, marketing and overall business development to achieve the Credit Union’s overall growth objectives. These include but are not limited to membership, loans, deposits, and overall utilization of Credit Union services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Consistently maintains a professional, respectful, proactive and courteous approach when interacting with member/owners, Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee members, Executive Leadership and peers, 3rd party vendors and internal contacts to maintain quality service.
• Participate as a member of the Executive Leadership Team in governance processes of the organization’s architecture, telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops.
• Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
• Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports organizational needs.
• Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, strategic partners, and members.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
• Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to the Senior Leadership Team, internal users, and the Board of Directors.
• Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
• Define, document and communicate corporate procedures, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating new network systems, equipment, software, and other technologies.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
• Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
• Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
• Act as primary liaison for the company’s technology vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
• Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner.
• Develop, track, and control the technical services annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations.
• Ensure continuous delivery of technical services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems, programs, and equipment performance.
• Ensure equipment and software operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
• Govern IT infrastructure management with IT expertise in Networking, ESX/SAN/VMware, HelpDesk support, PBX & Mobile device, Ancillary system for Backing system, IT security and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
• Ensure that policy, operating procedures or standards are defined, documented and communicated in writing. Employees are to acknowledge understanding of the procedures in writing.
• Actively build and reinforce a sales and service culture environment. Manage results by analysis, planning, organizing, budgeting, monitoring/controlling, problem solving, decision making and managing change. Deliver reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide expertise to areas of responsibility in strategic planning, staffing, training, development, sales, and operational efficiency.
• Recommend new both products and services and stay informed important industry trends.
• Maximize the profitability of the online channels and electronic member experience.
• Provide strategic leadership and direction on branch locations, ATM placement and ATM networks.
• Collaborative work style with ability to effectively interact with partners across organizational boundaries and hierarchies.
• Develop staff by using coaching techniques to maintain the consistency and quality of system knowledge and use. Recommends training and education where appropriate to further develop skills or career paths. Provides feedback to enhance or in some cases correct the skill sets of staff.
• Supervise performance, development, retention, discipline and organization of direct and non-direct technical staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Participate in the recruiting process by specifying position requirements, interviewing and recommending candidates for employment to the HR department.
• Ensure that all human resources decisions adhere to established policies, procedures and programs. Submits all required human resources documents in a timely manner, including performance appraisals, requests for leave, etc.
• Set specific, measurable, action oriented, realistic and time bound (SMART) goals with subordinates. Monitors progress and evaluate performance toward established goals and provide timely and direct feedback to the individual.
• Make recommendations regarding performance improvements, specific project assignments and establish department goals.
• Exercise authority with respect to promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, salary increases and disciplinary actions.
• Informs the Senior Leadership Team of the conditions and operations of the Credit Union and all influencing factors. Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors unless excused otherwise. Recommend and maintain policies and procedures regarding their area of oversight to Board Committees.
• Attends and presents at quarterly IT and Retail Delivery Department meetings.
• Attends monthly Leadership Meeting and disseminates information as needed in a timely manner.
• Provides timely feedback to appropriate parties to facilitate accurate decision making. Demonstrates effective face to face communications, telephone interaction, and written communications. Responds in a clear, concise manner, using appropriate mode of communication.
• Works directly with IT and Retail Delivery personnel to ensure the consistency and quality of member/owner service throughout the Credit Union.
• Represents the Credit Union in the community in a positive, professional image in order to increase and maintain membership base.
• Performs any other duties as assigned.
• The ability to be bonded.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Full-time position/direct hire. Exceptional benefit package to include: Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending allowance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. Please apply through our website at: https://www.nihfcu.org/careers/how-to-apply.aspx
How to Apply I Benefits