NIH Federal Credit Union with more than $550 million in assets is currently seeking a highly-qualified and energetic individual for an HR Assistant position. The well-qualified candidate will is required to hold a high school or GED. One (1) to three (3) years of experience working in Human Resources or Administrative Assistant position preferred. Previous Data Entry and/or Filing Clerk experience preferred.
This position provides administrative assistance, coordination and administrative support to the Human Resources Director for the overall success of the Human Resources functions. The Human Resources Assistant will assist the Director of Human Resources and the HR Generalist to enhance the Human Resources Department in all areas related to: General HR duties as assigned and certain HR special projects as assigned with the ability to maintain employee personal and financial information confidential required by this position. This position has high expectations pertaining to professionalism, integrity and ability to multitask.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
HR Administrative Support:
- Organize and file related paperwork.
- Assist with preparing the new hire orientation manual.
- Assist with HR Outlook Calendar events and setting up meetings, training sessions, interviews and invites through Outlook.
Personnel and Benefits Support:
- Responsible for assisting the HR department in maintaining personnel documentation, HR personnel files scanning, and filing.
- Manages and controls incoming correspondence.
- Responsible for supporting updates in HR systems
Corporate Training Support:
- Assists in training material preparation for the training sessions related to copying and organizing.
- Processing the fully signed training verification forms for each training session.
HR Projects Support:
- HR Assistant is responsible for keeping all documentation scanned and filing any documents into the personnel files.
- The ability to take on extra projects and duties as assigned by the Human Resources Department, with the ability to cross-train on all areas of human resources.
Work-Life Balance Support/Voluntary Community Service Support
- Assists the HR Department with activities including but not limited to: Work Life Balance opportunities such as: Employee Luncheons, Team Building Projects, and assistance with Quarterly Employee Meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One to three years of experience working in Human Resources or Administrative Assistant position preferred.
- Previous Data Entry and/or Filing Clerk experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
- The ability to be bonded.
REQUIRED COMPLIANCE COURSES
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
LANGUAGE & REASONING SKILLS
Must be able to critically think through and assess situations, work independently, possess the ability to organize and maintain employee records, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with employees, employee records and sensitive business information. Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information is required.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of the United States Dollar (USD). Ability to calculate figures and amounts and work with statistical concepts.
Ability to understand and carry out basic instructions. The strong ability to pay attention to detail and commitment to complete high-quality workloads in a timely manner. Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing important issues.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990 (ADA) and its AMENDMENTS ACT OF 2008 (ADAAA) SPECIFICATIONS
Perform primary sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer sitting for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in a climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
MENTAL AND/OR EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising the highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Salary to commensurate with experience. Full-time position/direct hire. Exceptional benefit package to include: Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending allowance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. Please apply through our website at: https://www.nihfcu.org/careers/how-to-apply.aspx. EEOC/ADA.
How to Apply I Benefits