NIH Federal Credit Union with more than $550 million in assets is currently seeking a highly-qualified and energetic individual for a Network Administrator I.
Maintain and support technical network infrastructure including; hardware, software and ancillary systems. Provides level 2 support for internal users, troubleshoots, debugs and resolves problems. Perform incident response root (IRT) cause analysis, monitors and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved. Administers day to day operation of the LAN/WAN including server maintenance, backups, communication lines, security oversight, data and media restoration.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the email server management and maintenance of all non-mainframe servers, managed switches, and routers. This includes reviewing/installing all employees’ firmware and BIOS, RAID driver/firmware, Embedded Systems Management updates provided by the respective vendor.
- Administrator of the following systems: Storage Area Network and fiber channel switches, VMware ESX hosts, Solarwinds Orion network monitor, Cisco switches, and Cisco routers.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the Microsoft and VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) along with clients.
- Responsible for understanding and troubleshooting routing protocol issues.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining thorough documentation concerning network addresses, physical architecture and layout, and network/server configurations where necessary. Additionally, create detailed installation and troubleshooting instructions where vendor documentation is found wanting.
- Assists with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan and performing test, when needed.
- Domain configuration modifications, including Group Policy and Software Distribution.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve network connectivity and communication-related problems as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of project plans for all network projects and facilitate project implementations on a timely basis.
- Is able to work independently on broad assignments and capable of making decisions both involving projects as well as ongoing troubleshooting.
- Work with various vendors to provide IT Support on the variety of contract systems.
- Maintain security rights and directory structure as outlined by IT policies and by adhering to generally accepted best practices.
- Perform daily monitoring of the critical systems in order to prevent major system failures. This includes checking event logs, system resource availability, application logs, and any future performance logs.
- Ensures that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), GLBA, NCUA, FFIEC, NIST, and CIS.
- Attends all BSA training or completes and passes all online BSA training tests as applicable, and according to BSA Policy requirements.
- Perform other related work as assigned and initiative using available resources to achieve established goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years' IT experience in production environment.
- Professional, business-focused attitude and a team player.
- Experience with Active Directory/LDAP and MS Exchange.
- Two Plus Years of Experience with VMware ESX Hyper Vior and VMware View (VDI) deployment.
- Knowledge on Veritas NetBackup and IBM SAN(Storwize) is a plus.
- 2 plus years of IT experience in routing, switching in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN/MAN technologies.
- Proficiency working with access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP. VLAN, VRF, Port Security, IP Multicast, routing and switching preferred.
- Industry certification in the following a plus: Network +, Security +, VMware VCP, CCNA, MCSE.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco devices is preferred.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Firewall management preferred.
- Background in Network Security is a plus.
Attend all BSA training or complete and pass all online BSA training tests as applicable.
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language and understand basic instructions, correspondence and emails.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money. Ability to calculate figures and amounts and work with statistical concepts.
Ability to understand and carry out basic instructions.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990 (ADA) and its AMENDMENTS ACT OF 2008 (ADAAA) SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include: close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a Full-time position with competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply I Benefits