NIH Federal Credit Union with more than $550 million in assets is currently seeking a highly-qualified and energetic individual for Human Resources (HR) Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, mentors, coach and coordinate activities of the Human Resources Assistant. Responsible for conducting performance evaluation.
- Establishes and maintains job descriptions for all positions by regularly collaborating with appropriate supervisor and working with BalancedComp when needed. Works with HR Consulting Firm.
- Works with supervisors to meet recruiting needs. Writes and places help wanted advertisements in print and on-line venues. Completes recruiting as needed. Responsible for enhancing the recruiting process through the Internet by posting jobs and maintaining the website. Research other ways to broaden our recruitment possibilities by advertising in target markets (i.e. Colleges for part-time positions). Follow posting and advertising SOP. Prepares and maintains department metrics (new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions) Tracks average time it takes to fill vacancies within the credit union.
- Monitors background check progress. Make sure background checks are completed by the Human Resources Assistant within a specific timeframe. Access results of background check process to see if offers can be made.
- Apply salary management plan in evaluating and negotiating salary offers with managers regarding new hires.
- Assists with the coordination of Interns, Volunteer and temporary activities along with the Human Resources Assistant.
- Assists with the credit union’s Salary Administration and Performance Management Programs. Checks the accuracy and timeliness of performance appraisals/ merit reviews. Reviews salary data for adjustments, reclassifications/promotions to assure they are within established guidelines and processes needed forms. Monitors movements in salaries and the credit union’s local market and recommends changes as necessary. Works with Balanced Comp as the subject matter expert. The lead trainer for managers in system.
- Lead and assist with training for the CU’s overall needs such as basic skills / essential skills, product knowledge, service, culture etc. Deliver training and conduct informational presentations on various topics.
Review / revise / manage Employee Handbook/ Policies and Procedures. Under the direction of HR Consulting Firm and / or CEO, may research and draft new/revised policies and procedures for approval by senior management. References policy for managers and staff as necessary. Ensure understanding and adherence to established internal policies, procedures, and programs, as well as applicable employment laws and regulations, to include research and writing of new policies, updating existing policies (with Benefits Committee), and implementing them.
Coaches supervisors and associates in matters pertaining to employee relations not limited to disciplinary actions, career development, performance issues, working relationships, EEO-related issues, employment decisions, and policy and procedure interpretation and application.
Administers and coordinates associate enrollment and termination in the group benefits plans including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability, MetroChek, etc. Checks benefit package pricing and coverage’s against competition in the labor marketplace. Works with insurance agent and to coordinate open enrollments. Recommend changes to plans. Provides information to all associates and helps answer benefit questions and resolve claims disputes.
Assists the HR Consulting Firm and CEO and the Benefits Committee. Responsible for scheduling and conducting meetings, distributing minutes and agenda. Benefits Committee activities include, meeting to discuss ways on how we can enhance our current benefits package.
Compiles and enters data for reports involving Equal Employment Opportunity, AAP, Unemployment claims, government census reports, compensation and benefits surveys as needed. Respond to written and telephone inquiries regarding unemployment claims. May attend unemployment hearings as needed/ requested.
Keeps abreast of regulatory changes and decisions and current Human Resources best practices to help ensure that the credit union employment practices conform. Regularly attend Society for Human Resources and HR roundtable meetings and other training opportunities to keep abreast of regulatory changes.
May research, evaluate and recommend new HR technologies, systems or services as necessary.
Works closely with the Accounting Department during the payroll process. Responsible for entering and/or monitoring associates pay changes and personnel changes to include terminations, promotions, transfers, address changes, employee referrals etc. into the HRIS system. HRIS data entry to include, setting up health insurance and 401k deductions and ezLabor entries and changes. Calculates and enter garnishment requests, and enter and monitors 401k loan payments. Expected that the HR Manager is a subject matter expert in the Paylocity system.
Provide oversight of personnel files to ensure integrity.
Participates at management level and other cross-functional teams/ meetings.
Assists in the administration of FMLA.
Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established NIHFCU policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Any other duties as needed and assigned from time to time.
- Manage training through CU’s training management system
- Participate in Training Focus Group / lead / minutes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree in Human Resources Business Administration, Psychology or related field, plus a minimum of 5-7 years of HR Manager level experience.
- Previous HR Manager level experience in a credit union or banking institution a plus.
- Additional related experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Supervisory experience required.
- PHR, SPHR Certification preferred.
- PC proficient including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to navigate and learn new systems with limited difficulty required.
- Working knowledge and experience at the HR Manager level of all of the fundamentals of Human Resources Management. Familiar with laws and regulations impacting the human resource function. Knowledge of financial institution operations, training requirements and services a strong plus.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Strong writing skills required. The HR Department is responsible for often being the “voice” of the credit union. The HR Manager must have proven ability to craft and generate employee communication pieces with limited oversight.
- The HR Manager is expected to be conformable creating training materials and leading content training. (Such as, how to conduct a Performance Review.)
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities and determine what tasks must be completed and what tasks can be moved to a different due date. Attention to due dates and meeting expectations of the position is required.
- Experience using standard office equipment.
Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language and understand basic instructions, correspondence, emails, systems, SOP, procedures.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of the United States Dollar (USD). Ability to calculate figures and amounts and work with statistical concepts.
Ability to understand and carry out basic instructions.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990 (ADA) and its AMENDMENTS ACT OF 2008 (ADAAA) SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include: close vision; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The HR Manager is expected to work out of the Headquarters office but visit branch locations periodically as needed.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is a Full-time position with competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply I Benefits