For growing your money with a guaranteed fixed rate of return, a Certificate Account is hard to beat. Your rate is locked in when it is opened – eliminating the volatility inherent in other investments. Click here
for IRA Certificates.
12 month (new money):
15 month bump-up:
5 month youth saver:
2.50% APY* ($500 minimum deposit)
1.50% APY* ($500 minimum deposit)
1.75% APY* ($500 minimum deposit)
5.00% APY* ($500 deposit only)
|10, 15, and 12 month also available as IRA Certificates.
Certificate Account Features
- Savings option that typically earns the highest rate of return
- Open with as little as $500. Open with $10,000 or more for an even higher yield.
- Lock in a guaranteed rate of return for a variety of terms between 3 - 60 months.
- Most certificates are available as Traditional or Roth IRAs.
- Add-on Certificate
Add funds to your existing certificate, as often as you would like. Available for a term of 15 months.
- Bump-Up Certificate
Increase your certificate rate if rates rise during your certificate term. Available on 15 month term (one  bump-up allowed) and on 30 month term (two  bump-ups allowed).**
* APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Offers, rates and terms subject to change or cancellation at any time without notice. Renewal rates at maturity will be at then prevailing rates and may be higher or lower than the maturing certificate rate. Early withdrawal penalties apply for certificate accounts. Dividends compounded daily and credited monthly. Bump-up certificates allow the owner to request rate increase for the remainder of the term if the rate NIHFCU is paying on certificates of the same term increase while the certificate is open. Add-on certificates allow the owner to add funds to existing certificate, as often as desired. Rate on added funds will be same as existing funds. Tax penalties may apply to IRA contributions or withdrawals. Consult a tax adviser.
** Must be requested via a Bump-Up form; NIHFCU will not make automatic increases.